Friday, December 25, 2009

Southern states!


Howdy yall...recently I've heard some debates as to wether or not the state of Texas was in the Confederacy. Now you see, I was born in Texas, so when folks said Texas wasn't a Southern state, it kinda wanted to give 'em my boot spurs..Grin:). Anyhow, I found this picture on Wikipedia, searching under 'Confederate States of America.' All the states in the dark green were indeed part of the confedaracy, and the states in the olive green were states claimed by the CSA without formal session and/or control. I intend to write more on this, but don't have time right now. But here's just a bit so you that are doubtin' ol' Texas can cool it, and those that might'a been a wee bit worried about their Texan birth can say..."I always knew it!"

2 comments:

  1. I'll leaves a comment-- looks to me like OK, ain't listed amidst them thar southern states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh TX was a confederate state even though it wasn't an 'offical' state yet. I went to some museums while I was down there. Quite interesting stuff!

    Blessings~ Emily

    ReplyDelete

Howdy yall. Feel as free as a wild horse to leave a comment on my posts...it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanx.