Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holy Spirit, or Ignorance?


~Years ago I knew a group of Baptists that insisted that all they needed was the Holy Spirit to guide them in their study of Scripture, therefore making an understanding of Hebrew....(the language Moses used to write Yahweh's Words/Instructions/Torah)....uneccesary.
One year around the winter holiday season, they were telling everybody about their new found 'knowledge', and this was that the word, 'Noel' actually meant, No God.
There is only one way you can get this meaning, and that is by taking the English word, No....and the Hebrew word, El; Now combine the two words from two different languages and, shebang, you have an entirely new meaning. Let's brake this down. We have three things here:
1.) No---the English word for, in this case, the non-existence of a being
2.) El---the Hebrew word meaning Great/Mighty One; better known to most as the word, God
3.) Thus meaning, No God---an Impossible defintion.
At the time of hearing this from my fellow baptist friends, I believed it just as much as they did. Afterall, it helped us stand against our belief on not celebrating Christmas, as we could point out that a well known carol was actually saying, 'The First No God.' I look back on this now, and I realize this makes no sense whatsoever, but because I/we were taught that an understanding of the God if Yisrael's language wasn't needed, I simply accepted it...everyone else was.
It's not until now, with where Yah has me in life, learning Torah and learning Hebrew, that I can say, 'Wow, I actually know what Noel really means!'...As well as being able to see the hypocrisy of the people I was around.
The hypocrisy being their anti-Hebrew/anti-knowledge towards true definitions, yet, when they thought a word meant something that could be used in their preaching towards something they stood against, well, of course they'll use it!
The Holy Spirit, or Ignorance?
Wether I agree with the well known christmas carol or not, the word 'Noel' ....upon what I've found...means, Birth of God.
Perhaps all we really need IS Yah's spirit, but, perhaps His spirit and His still small voice is crying out for man to seek knowledge, to seek wisdom, to learn His ways, to learn His words. So, journey with me as I seek to find my Hebrew roots, as I seek to learn the One True El's language!
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the Torah of thy Elohim (Plural form of El; God), I will also forget thy children." Hosea 4:6

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God is reaching the most unlikely folks like us and drawing into His Holy language and ways of living. We also having some country roots but are now living our Hebrew roots full-on. I had the opportunity to go to Jerusalem to begin my study of Hebrew and am now teaching my Torah study group. It is an amazing journey and I want to encourage you that you are on the WAY/Derekh! Don't get discouraged. Stay hooked.

    brooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice writing, Cowgirl for Torah! I will look forward to reading updates as you continue to walk in observance to His Ways. Learning what is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. May Wisdom and Understanding be your constant companions.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy yall. Feel as free as a wild horse to leave a comment on my posts...it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanx.