Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Friendship

Today I'd like to take the time to add a few quotes, thoughts and scriptures on friendship and how sweet a gift a dear friend can be, and is. ~Let's start out with this thought in mind:

"True happiness is not in the multitide of friends, but in their worth and choice."

This is so very true. You can have a corral full of friends, but, what friends are they if there is no true connection between you both In all you value and hold dear? Are your friends a good influence? Does your friend "love at all times.." ? ~Proverbs 17:17~ Do your friends help you along in your walk for the Lord; encourage you to be better for Him; and hope for the same encouragement from you?

In the first chapter of Psalms, and the first verse it says, "BLESSED is the man that walketh NOT in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

"Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul." ~Proverbs 22:24-25

I believe these two verses (and many more in the Bible:) are a call to be careful with whom you're around. I hope you and I both will weigh out the worth and choice of our friends.

Here are some wonderful quotes for you to share with those friends of yours who have proven that they "Love at all times.."......

~~~A person can hear, but a friend listens for the meaning~~~
~~~A person can look, but a friend sees the heart~~~
~~~A person can know, but a friend understands your dreams~~~


"A friend is the hope of the heart." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A genuine friendship is a heavenly present. It blesses our hearts because God's love is in it." ~Evelyn McCurdy

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go....some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same." ~Unknown

"Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly." ~Unknown

"With the death of every friend I love...part of me has been buried...but their contribution to my being of happiness, strength, and understanding remains to sustain me in an altered world." ~Helen Keller

Now, I wouldn't for the life of me leave off writing this post without mentioning that there is indeed one Friend whom has been with me through everything and has Never, ever failed me or forsaken me.

My dear reader, this Friend has me in amazment, for, He is the Friend that.."Sticketh closer than a brother..." ~Proverbs 18:24

This Friend is Jesus Christ! The Son Of God who lives within my heart, through the good times and the bad. I hope you know Him today...for, if you do not, then your life is hopeless without Him. This Friend is the Friend above all friends, may you make your heart His home today, before too late.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy yall. Feel as free as a wild horse to leave a comment on my posts...it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanx.